Saturday, January 27, 2007

Austin had a good day! Yay!


Austin has had a good day today. His feeding tube is out, and he is officially taking a bottle! We're so proud of him! His heart rate has remained stable today, but he is also still on the medicine from last night.

Pray that he'll continue to do well and continue to improve. The next thing we're working towards is Austin maintaining/keeping his body temperature at a good temp. Once he can maintain his own body temp then they'll move him to a regular newborn "crib" in the NICU. This would be a huge step for Austin. Pray that over the next week he'll be able to do that. Also, pray for Austin's heart rate to remain stable, and hopefully he can come off the heart rate medication soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Sylvia Yost from the Church at Brookhills. I have not met Heather or Andy before but I would like to let myself known to Heather as a fellow mom. Austin is such a cutie and WOW, what a trooper too! I especially love the picture of Austin with headphones. Heather, I am also on the MOMs committee. Please know and be assured that others, like myself, will be on our knees for Mr. Austin. I look forward to watching Austin grow with you.

I hope it is OK that I share Ausin's journey with his faith family of MOMs. We would love to help support all of Austin's family in prayer and other ways as might be appropriate. I will contact you through church contacts or, Pastor Andy, feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

We are all so proud of Austin for all that he has accomplished. We are also proud of Heather and Andy for staying so strong and we continue to be thankful for all the many blessing God has bestowed upon us. He has blessed Heather and Andy with a beautiful baby boy, who is a true representative of God's strength and healing power. He will do great things for the Lord! Lord, please conitnue to be with Austin and his family. WE Love yall and cant wait to meet Austin! love, hugs, and prayers -Heather